Today’s church is reaching out in many ways, from small group Bible studies to foreign missions trips. Yet, unfortunately, it is increasingly the targets of attacks and lawsuits from every area imaginable. This makes church insurance both critical and complicated. At the Gutwein Agency, we believe in the ministry of the local church. Through our partnership with Brotherhood Mutual, we are committed to its success. Brotherhood Mutual has insured America’s churches and related ministries for 90 years. They offer the coverage that churches need to minister confidently in today’s world. Many of these types of coverages cannot be found elsewhere, reflecting their commitment to providing cutting-edge protection to the local church.
The Gutwein Agency currently insures over 130 churches and related ministries in Indiana and Illinois. We have a wealth of experience and a dedicated staff ready to help you and your congregation to have the protection you need to continue to labor for the good news of Jesus Christ. We look forward to the opportunity of earning your trust.
Extra Property Coverage, can automatically include lightening, wind, fire and hail, as well as many non-standard items such as:
- Equipment Breakdown, including computers, boilers and electrical equipment.
- Newly acquired or constructed property.
- Personal effects and property of others.
- Pastor's personal property.
- Ordinance or law.
- Indirect Loss.
Other coverages available under the property coverage are:
- Crime - Provides protection for money and security losses resulting from theft, employee dishonesty, and forgery and alteration.
- Inland Marine - A broad type of insurance that covers valuable possessions that may be transported from one place to another.
General Liability Coverage
General Liability insurance covers the church's legal liability resulting from injuries to people or damage to their property.
Provides primary payments for injuries occurring on your premises, and for accidents resulting from church activities away from your premises.
Other church insurance options:
- Hired and Non-Owned Auto Liability - Provides excess liability and medical coverage for the church should legal liability arise out of the use of a non-owned or hired auto.
- Directors, Officers and Trustees Liability - Provides coverage for wrongful acts of church directors, officers, trustees, business administrators and ministers.
- Employment Practices Liability - Employment practices liability covers a church in areas relating to employment including discrimination, wrongful termination and sexual harassment.
- Sexual Misconduct Liability - Provides coverage that protects a church from legal liability arising from acts of sexual misconduct by a staff member or volunteer.
- Employee Benefits Liability - Provides coverage on negligent acts, errors or omissions arising out of the administration of employee benefits program.
We also have the following medical coverages that are enhancements on policies under your general liability medical coverage:
- Day Care and School Medical - Provides excess payments of medical expenses for accidents resulting from activities scheduled and supervised by your church or on its behalf.
- Interscholastic Athletic Medical - Provides Excess payments of medical expenses for accidents that might result from practicing, instructing, and participating in athletic events.
Additional Products Available
- Business Auto Policy
- Umbrella Policy
- Workers' Compensation Policy
- Group Life
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Long Term Care